If you used Using CentOS 7, KVM, and CoreOS to build a container lab and have a KVM host or two ready to go here is your first project: Docker Swarm.
In this 3 minute long screencast we will:
- Build three CoreOS container hosts
- Create a 3 node swarm (1 manager, 2 workers) on them
- Create a web app with 3 replicas
- Verify we can access the web app and it is load balanced by Swarm
- Scale up to 15 replicas
- Simulate failures by destroying the 2 worker nodes and verify the web app stays up
- Remove the last node as final clean up
The ascii screencast has no audio but allows copy/paste. Depending on your screen size you might want to go full screen to avoid missing some content.
Without further delay, here it is:
As always, comments are welcome!